The Internal Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for all internal supply chain requirements ensuring parts and kits issued from stores are supplied in a timely manner to the highest standards to ensure smooth operation of all assembly activities both in development and production. Attention should be paid to stock and system accuracy, continuous improvement with a focus on efficiency savings where possible, and identify and mitigating risks and barriers to progress in a fast paced and changeable environment in support of road car development and production programmes.
The Parts Expeditor will be responsible for the supply chain requirements for the Re-Use Programme. This includes expediting the parts around the business, monitoring and tracking the parts and reporting back completion dates in the daily shortage meetings. Attention should be paid to the accuracy of managing serial numbers, traceability, packaging, logistics and storing of the parts.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Receive parts into stores, update stock figures and maintain accuracy using the appropriate SAP functionality.
- Controlled and accurate picking of kits to tight deadlines to ensure production of hardware is not impacted.
- Liaise with customers to ensure parts requirements are met on time whilst ensuring accuracy of the system information.
- Manage the disposal of obsolete stock in accordance with company and government policy.
- Provide quality operational reports in a timely manner and represent internal logistics at parts supply meetings.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the internal supply chain.
- Organising parts into Work Instruction groups from Build Strip and logging the serial numbers
- Logistics of the part from each area of the business that it’s required to go to and ensuring deadlines are met (about 70% to 80% of the day)
- Constant communication with each area to manage completion dates so that build completion is not impacted
- Providing each area with support with regards to replacing NOK parts, and conversion kits
- Liaise with Purchasing to ensure timely delivery of Supplier rework
- Manage, maintain and update the Tracker in Excel
- Attend the daily shortage meeting and provide completion dates for the re-use parts
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the role
- Receive parts into stores, update stock figures and maintain accuracy using the appropriate SAP functionality
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of receiving and storing stock, general stock control, stock take and obsolescence activities.
- Part picking including experience of handling ERS parts i.e. High Voltage Cells
- Experience of proactive expediting of parts throughout the business
- Daily reporting as required
- Experience of Excel spreadsheets
• Organised and methodical with good attention to detail and a rigorous approach to the execution of tasks.
• Clear and concise communicator with good written and oral communication skills.
• Customer service orientated, maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times.
• Ability to deliver an efficient and quality service to high standards as part of a team.
• An enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who is keen to improve the internal logistics operations.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt in a changeable and high pressured environment whilst adhering to company processes.
Contract length - 4 months
*Note to Recruitment Agencies: Mercedes AMG HPP works with a strict PSL and will consider any candidate for whom an Agency outside of the PSL has submitted as gifted and therefore free of any charges or fees