Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains is a Daimler AG company whose principal activities are the design and manufacture of Mercedes-Benz Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS team. We are also proud to supply power units to Sahara Force India, Williams Martini Racing.
Due to growth we are looking for a skilled simulation engineer capable of applying 1D thermo-fluids simulation tools to the development of Formula 1 Power Unit performance. You will be responsible for providing the analysis support and creative input to the challenging task of improving the turbo hybrid V6.
You will be tasked with the development of thermo-fluids simulation tools and models to allow engine performance to be simulated with useful accuracy. Using your in-depth knowledge you will exploit simulations to investigate and develop concepts with performance potential. Working with designers and Performance Development Engineers you use your findings to contribute to design and test methodology decisions. The 1D Performance Engineer, using Simulation (&test) results analysis and reporting, will make further recommendations on technical development of processes.
- Degree with 2:1 classification or above in a relevant engineering subject (Eg Mechanical/Automotive) and 2+ years’ experience in challenging Automotive/Powertrain environment.
- Excellent first principle engineer
- Equally confident in hand calculations and complex simulations
- Experienced and capable in modelling 1D gas dynamics and engine thermodynamic systems
- Deep understanding of internal combustion engines and their sub systems
- Creativity in problem solving and inventing new ideas
- Ability to thrive on technical challenge and time pressure
We offer you all the advantages of working at a record breaking Triple World Championship winning team. You will benefit from our fast paced learning environment and look forward to working on new and exciting technical projects, characterised by a collaborative atmosphere and winning team spirit. You will also find a purpose built R&D facility with all of the resources that you need to do an outstanding job, located in the picturesque village of Brixworth in rural Northamptonshire.
Our benefits package includes 36 days holiday, a generous non-contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, a collective bonus scheme, an individual bonus, a privileged Mercedes-Benz car lease scheme, and Daimler share purchase scheme.