An opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Test Engineers to join the Test Operations Team. These are permanent positions where you will be responsible for providing engineering specification, implementation and delivery of ERS and Electrical Test Capabilities and Test Requests.
Role Specific Accountabilities
• Deliver Test Facility capabilities to support rapid development of ERS and Electrical systems
• Deliver ERS Test Requests, optimising facility capability and capacity for production, durability and development tests.
• Support the department strategy in handling and testing of hybrid systems and components
• Apply pragmatic and robust Risk Assessments to support a fast paced R&D environment
• Liaise with suppliers to deliver outsourced elements of Test Facility capabilities
• Support Problem solving and fault finding resolution activities in the Electrical Engineering field, affecting all the test facilities
• Providing Engineering input to best practice maintenance, calibration and operational procedures
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Good first-principles understanding and practical application of Electrical and Mechanical systems used to test motorsport, automotive or industrial products/subsystems
• Experience in specification, design and commission of test infrastructure to meet test requirements from component to full product scope.
• Demonstrate understanding and experience in control and automation, measuring systems and data acquisition, sensors and actuators.
• Demonstrate understanding of relevant legislation and best practice with regards to electrical safety at work.
• Experience with Hybrid powertrain test system, used for testing motors, power electronics and/or battery packs
• AVL Puma Open / Concerto / Indication (User and Embedded)
• Dspace (User and embedded)
• Matlab Simulink (User and embedded)
• National Instruments / Labview (User and embedded)
• Electrical design software packages eg. Eplan
• Working knowledge of PLCs/Siemens S7
• Electrical Engineering Degree, BEng or MEng (2:1 or above)
• Relevant Industrial Qualification
• Excellent planning and communication skills
• Ability to work with the team of Engineers and Technicians
• Ability to work under pressure and flexibly to support testing requirements
• Passion to deliver excellent Engineering solutions in a challenging Environment
• Demonstrates undisrupted will to succeed
All successful applicants will need to provide proof of eligibility to work without restrictions in the UK